Do your bit
To know is to preserve
Be a responsible consumerResponsible consumption is the simple act of starting to choose what we are going to consume using the criterion of the impact our consumption will generate on society and on the environment.
We actually have tremendous power in our hands to influence the socio-environmental impacts generated by irrational use of natural resources.
Thus, before we buy anything we should ask ourselves:
- Do I really need this product or service?
- Is it economical? …non polluting?
- Can it be re-cycled?
- Are its ingredients or components acquired with due respect for human health and the conservation of the environment?
- Is it safe?
- Does the company respect its workers’ rights?
- Does the company respect consumers’ rights?